Depression and Anxiety: Test
For question 1-8 there is a list of things that can be done to help people with depression or anxiety. Beside the ones that are helpful in Depression, write a "D." Beside the ones that are helpful in Anxiety, write an "A." If the item is helpful to both disorders, write "Both."
Keep environment bright and clean.
Encourage daily exercise
Help the person breathe deeply and relax their muscles.
Reassure the person that you will help them and keep them safe.
Encourage the individual to be with people and participate in social events.
Make sure medications are given as ordered.
Keep the environment quiet and non-stimulating.
For questions 9-14 fill in the blanks with the correct answer.
9. A person who feels unneeded or unwanted may be suffering from .
10. Illness, chemical changes in the brain, and side effects can all cause depression or anxiety.
11. Someone who is constantly fearful or restless may be suffering from .
12. Saying to loved ones could be a sign that a person is thinking about suicide.
13. Telling a suicidal person that his family will be hurt if he kills himself only makes him feel more hopeless,
and , thereby increasing his pain.
14. Losing or gaining could be a sign of depression.